Monday 13 September 2021

The hoop

I dreamt about a hula hoop that believed it was human. In order to convince people that it was one of them, it fashioned itself a body out of whatever it could find in amongst the rubbish. It had a creepy old dolls head, trolley wheels for feet and metal coat hanger arms.

It had even found a discarded trench coat so hung it up inside of itself in a desperate attempt to look like it was wearing clothing.

I couldn't understand why it was trying so hard to be human. It didn't behave like one or have much of a life. It enjoyed spending it's days hanging out in alleyways, rummaging through bins for treasures that humans considered trash. It would also do it's best to hide out of sight of people. I guess it just felt that it didn't look convincing enough to show itself to real people yet.

I'm unsure why the hula hoop was the bit that was alive and not one of the other components. I didn't see it piece itself together so I don't know how I knew which bit was alive. I was just unlucky enough to bump into it one evening when out for a walk.

That's the only time people were likely to see it. It would emerge from it's hiding place... when it was dark out.

1 comment: