Saturday 14 August 2021

Old rucksack

My trusty Superdry rucksack of many years finally gave up the ghost this week (I know, a lot of my stuff has been wearing out recently) and spent the last week of it's life being held together with duct tape.

I've been a lot of places, done a lot of things and met a whole lot of awesome people with this bag lugging around everything I need to keep me sane for the day inside of it. It holds a lot of memories for me so instead of just binning it off, I made a bear out of it.

Yes... I could have used my sewing skills to just repair my bag instead (thank you), but I didn't. Besides, my new bag is waterproof and charges my phone. 😊

I'll be adding this bear to my collection of recycled bears. Click here & select art journal to see them.

My raincoat has also worn out. It lets ALL the water in (probably because I put it on a 90 degree wash and completely destroyed the material because I'm an idiot 😒) So that will be a bear too. I don't have any particular attachment to my raincoat... I've just been enjoying making things again. I do kinda wish I thought about making my old coat that got partially eaten by a goat into a bear though. That was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment