Sunday 2 April 2023

A big bear

In an effort to use up some materials I've had laying around for years, I made another big bear! I managed to use up a lot of scrap fabric for this one and finally get 2 more of those huge buttons out of my sewing box. I have just 4 left now so I'll probably only make 2 more big bears. 🐻

I truly love making these bears & seeing the end result but, it's a delicate balance in my house of having the materials available & my OCD brain wanting to have a ruthless clear out & banish anything it considers as clutter. 😅 I'll admit, some of my creative motivation comes from wanting to use up materials, just to get rid of them.

I'm aiming to get to a point where I no longer have a box of fabrics under my bed that I have the intention of using but end up ignoring for months on end & instead, get back to making bears as & when my old clothing / fabrics no longer serve their purposes. I'd love to get back to the days of having a wide variety of bears in all matter of interesting colours & patterns instead of what has been happening as of late. Tens of bears that all look the same because I've taken on the large fabric off-cuts from other people's discarded sewing projects.

I've got some out of shape Harry Potter pyjamas I want to turn into a bear next.

No comments:

Post a Comment